Workshops: Amman Design Week + PhD


In September, I will be heading to Amman to conduct a workshop for the first ever Amman Design Week. The workshop is called 'Designers Represent! Developing a Design Association in Jordan', and will take place on Sunday 4 September. The idea for this workshop was from one of the findings in the interviews and focus groups I conducted back in December 2015 and March 2016 for my PhD fieldwork. More information and registration can be found here.

After a series of interviews and focus groups, my trip will also see me conducting the final phase of my PhD fieldwork: the charrette. Bringing together designers, design educators and design students from across Amman in the same room, the charrette seeks to reimagine what design education curricula could be. If you're a designer, a design student or design educator based in Jordan and are interested in taking part, please feel free to send me an email. For more information on my PhD work, you can check out this video.